Friday, January 12, 2007

Cold Sauteed Mushroom with Alfafa Sprouts on Cold Tofu.

Tofu...

I have seen a few people posting about Tofu. The most recent is Melting Wok Tofu dish. Rasa Malaysia wrote about her 30 minute meal which featured a tofu dish. Simcooks also has a few Tofu recipes. I thought I shall post one of the tofu dishes that I prepared.

It's Cold Sauteed Mushroom with Alfafa Sprouts on Cold Tofu.

It's something that you can prepare all in advance and just assemble it in 5 mins for a quick meal or a light snack. It's healthy too.



Stuff you need:
1. Tofu that comes in those tubes. I prefer those without eggs for this dish, so it has a lighter taste.
2. Fresh button mushrooms plus other mushrooms that's in season in the supermarkets. Sauteed them your favourite style. For the above, it was sauteed with a mixture of oyster sauce, abalone sauce, maggi chicken stock concentrate, light soy and dark soy. All in small amounts, usually 1/2 to 1 tablesppon each. Plus freshly ground pepper and half a teaspoon of sugar. I also had onions and lots of garlic. After cooking, chill it in the fridge.
3. Alfafa sprouts. (this was for my sandwich) or Dou Miao. Dou Miao goes better.

It's something that's very convenient if you want to eat something light or you want an extra dish if someone suddenly shows up for dinner. Just assemble them and that's it. The tofu can be eaten right from the package.




Enjoy...



Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Melting Wok said...

wow, healthy & yummy !! you're torturing me, have not gotten b'fast/lunch yet :P thx for the honorable mention, cheers ! :)

Anonymous said...

u sure the tofu can be eaten cold?any tofu will work? i tried buying the freshest it seems but still do not dare to eat cold. oops....
good 'ol tofu salad dish!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link!
For me the mushroom here look more yummy. Some more got abalone sauce!

Anonymous said...

Between you and Simcook, I may learn to cook yet (other packaged stuff from boxes and bads). I love tofu.

Unknown said...

It looks delicious and is beautiful too.

OK now i'm hungry.. off to raid the fridge

Ming the Merciless said...

I love mushrooms. I love tofu! And I love alfalfa sprouts!

But I don't know if I would like them all together. :-)

Ming the Merciless said...

Opps! I forgot to say, when I first saw the photo, I thought the white slides were buffalo mozzarella, which are very common in Italian dishes.

Unknown said...

Ming, Buffalo Mozzarellas are yummy. Here's one photo I have in this gallery too.

Faye, what's in your fridge? anything for us?

DaddyForever, I am sure you can cook...

Simcooks, abalone sauce's getting as common as oyster sauce now :-)

Tigerfish, tofus can be eaten from the pack. it's already cook!

This dish, sometimes I nuke it for a few mins, if I want it warm :-)

Melting wok, looking forward to more of your delicious postings!

Anonymous said...

Currently overcoming my reservations on cold tofu...meanwhile listening to pipa and eating this
I will overcome it! I will, I will!
Actually, I only dare to eat cold tofu from Jap. places/rest.

Unknown said...

Haha Tigerfish..

It's like Sardines, some people have to heat and cook it first from the cans. Others just eat directly out of the can.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin