Thursday, March 29, 2012

Girls’ Day Out with Häagen-Dazs

Have you been to Häagen-Dazs recently?
I was at the Holland Village shop and realised it has been decked up a bit!
There are quite little sidewalk lights and pink banners around!


Haagen-Dazs Girls Day Out

A few guys (including me) were seen gate-crashing at Häagen-Dazs Holland Village for their Girls' Day Out launch.

The folks at Häagen-Dazs has a menu specially for the girls from now till end of May. I am not sure if they were the first, but my first moon cake ice cream more than 10 years ago was the ones by them. Now they have Ice Cream Macaroons!


Haagen-Dazs Girls Day Out
High Tea Affair ($38++)

Called the "High Tea Affair", instead of cakes and pastries, there are 3 mini scoops each of Cookie Dough Chip, Belgian Chocolate and Strawberry ice cream on the top layer.

The middle layer you have a choice of 6 delicate ice cream macaroons.
On the bottom layer, pieces of kiwis, raspberries and grapes.

How do I find it? It's something really different. It's ice cream all over instead of sugar, egg whites and almond power with sweet fillings. To me, it's less sweet than the usual macaroons.

Haagen-Dazs Girls Day Out
Macaroon Mélange ($18++)

If you just want the macaroons, you can order the Macaroon Melange. It's a platter with just the ice cream macaroons.

You can take a look at how the 'brochure' version looks at their Facebook Page.
Five assorted ice cream macaroons containing creamy, luscious ice cream and Chantilly cream encased in a chocolate shell, served with mango sauce and garnished with almond nibs and strawberries.


Haagen-Dazs Girls Day Out
For those who wants to bring the treats back for their love ones, they have a gift box too!


I can't help giggling when I saw the above frame. It just reminded me of a British royalty who had that on her head during a royal wedding! You know who I am talking about right?


Haagen-Dazs Girls Day Out
Petite Temptations  ($18++)

If you are or were a fan or the Cookie Dough Chip flavour, you might be interested in the above. Balls of vanilla ice cream with buttery cookie dough and sweet fudge chips. It's slightly smaller than the size of a golf ball. It rests on a cookie and drizzled with mango and chocolate sauce.

I find the macaroons interesting. You got to eat it fast though. Ours melted rather quickly. That doesn't mean you can't have long conversations between the girls. A coffee or tea will carry the conversation longer.

Available at all Häagen-Dazs shop in Singapore from 27th March 2012 to 31st May 2012.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

365days2play said...

Which day did you go for??? I love the ice cream macarons!!! Your plate looks like it has more than 6, NOT FAIR!!!!!

Removals UK said...

This High Tea Affair looks so irresistible to me that I just will not stop searching until I find it!Absolutely sophisticated and beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin