Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brown Sugar and Prapika Streaky Bacon - Tastes like Bak Kwa

Over the weekend, I happened to watch a few minute's of (the cooking show) Paula's Party and I saw Paula and his son prepared something really really sinful!

Paula and Bobby (his son) grabbed bacon and coated with it with lots of brown sugar and paprika.
Even though I can't smell or taste it on TV, it looked really nice. It was also a no brainer to prepare!

Brown Sugar and Paprika Streaky Bacon - Ang Moh Bak Kwa

That very afternoon, when I was shopping for groceries at Fairprice Finest, I passed by the meat counter and remembered Paula's dish. I grabbed some streaky bacon and also a pack of brown sugar.

I have a can of very nice smoked paprika from Spain, so I did not have to buy that.


Brown Sugar and Paprika Streaky Bacon - Ang Moh Bak Kwa

Since it's very sinful, I only experimented with 3 slices of bacon.

Coat the bacon with lots of sugar. Sprinkle paprika to your taste. The voila!

Tip: Use a non stick mat if you have one. Melted sugar is a pain to clean up! Non stick mats are life savers!

Brown Sugar and Paprika Streaky Bacon - Ang Moh Bak Kwa

I baked them for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.

The brown sugar and bacon will be bubbling and it caramelizing. The smell is so heavenly! I am sure you will be salivating even as it cooks!

Brown Sugar and Paprika Streaky Bacon - Ang Moh Bak Kwa

Tada! The end product!

Guess what? After tasting it, it reminded me of Bak Kwa! Home made spicy bak kwa!

I will still be getting the real Bak Kwa for Chinese New Year.
This will be treats for special friends. Try it!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Sparklette said...

Here's my face as I was reading this article.

:)

:D

:D~

XD~~~

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

oh my gosh, looks sooooo gooooood.

Meg said...

You must mean, we salivate as we read... Is Bak Kwa also a bacon dish?

Patzie said...

maybe I should try to cook that as well :P

peppermin said...

wow!! i can almost smell it!!! :D

Ming the Merciless said...

Your blog has expanded to home cooked meals now?

I want me some bacon.

Kenny Mah said...

Sure doesn't LOOK like bak kwa... BUT. The main thing is that it TASTES like bak kwa... Yums! :)

Singapore Blogger said...

God, last photo made me hungry!

maameemoomoo - a ½ food blog said...

Wah.. the last pic! WIN. ;)

Eh? Mana ada burger?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin