Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Satay @ Bukit Timah Food Centre

Sis and I were visiting uncle and aunt's place for dinner to pass them some stuff we got them from our holidays. We did not tell them earlier we are coming, but they said come over for dinner nonetheless.

A bit 'paiseh' for being last minute, so we 'tapow' some satay from the Bukit Timah Food Centre.



We got it from the stall facing the HDB. It's from the Western Stall + Satay Stall. The western food part has not open for months though. 40 cents. But it seems the satay stick has shrunk. Yes, everywhere you go, you can feel the shrinking of food portions.

Uncle told us, this used to be the nicer stall, but now the other stall at the other side seems to be better now. Yes, musical chairs. LOL.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Keropok Man:

Love your blog! Been away from Singapore for 20 years - it's nice to see these foods again.

:)

Anonymous said...

Musical satay chairs? Or does it apply to everything? A friend was telling me we should quit our day jobs and sell affordable street food... probably be good business for the coming recession. Lol.

wmw said...

I never say NO to Satay....love 'em!

PinkHippo said...

hehe I prefer "the other stall" near the carpark area.

I love satay! :)

Unknown said...

Plasoo,
Glad you visited. Come back and eat them soon. ;-)


Kenny,
That happens to be our lunch time conversation. We always talk about it, think about location etc... But no one really want to do it. LOL

wmw,
me too! me too!

pinkhippo,
the satay seems to grown shorter, maybe i shall hop over to the other stall the next time. but i like the pineapple they put in the satay sauce. wonder if the other stall does it too...

PinkHippo said...

Pineapple ... loved that too!

Strangely sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't.

I seriously think that it taste better with pineapple in it... :)

BTW, I went to Penang Place for lunch today! Yummy ...

Anonymous said...

My "ang moh" husband.. only ate satay .. and chicken rice.. when he was in singapore.. so you can imagine.. how much he liked it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin