Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ayam Penyet @ NUH Kopitiam - Kent Ridge Wing

People do go to hospital not because they are sick, but because they are hungry! haha..

Colleagues and I, we do go to NUH to have food. There are 3 main places to have food in NUH. The NUH Staff Canteen, NUH Kopitiam Foodcourt at the Main Building, NUH Kopitiam Foodcourt at Kent Ridge Wing. Wait! There's another place, but the food is too healthy, and too expensive. Check yourself a room at NUH and you can eat their well balanced nutritional food! haha..

This is the Malay Stall selling Ayam Penyet at the Kent Ridge Wing Kopitiam.
3 of us ordered the same thing because a colleague said it was good. Yes, not bad, except for the accompanying soup which is a tad too salty.



Behind the pieces of chicken are 1 piece of fried tauhu and 1 piece of fried tempeh. The chilli is very very spicy. Even I tak boleh tahan!

By the way, penyet means flattened. Piak! Flat liao...



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

wmw said...

The flattened chicken looks very yummy! I love spicy food!

Anonymous said...

Wah.. NUH got so many places to eat? I only remember the old staff canteen. Probably upgraded by now. You got everything fried here eh! Better drink some "liang" tea.

PinkHippo said...

I like this dish a lot especially the chilli ... the ayam is soft and yummy.

I enjoy the one I had at Lucky Plaza, their chilli is super spicy, can eat until I have tears in my eyes, and yet I still love it so so much.

Food makes me happy ... :)

Anonymous said...

Hungry hungry!

Unknown said...

wmw, your food pics are superb too!

simcooks, the old staff canteen also looks 'newer' nowdays.

pink hippo, i have not had the ones at luckly plaza yet. must go must go!

tigerfish, i am sure you can whip up anything you see on the photos!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin