Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sheng Yi Fa Lor Mee @ 431 Clementi Ave 3

Colleagues were lamenting that the Lor Mee at Clementi Block 328 have moved away. (the one that beside the famous Claypot Rice).

Lo and behold! A meal at Block 431 at Clementi Ave 3 spotted a familiar aunty's face. Hey, that's the lor mee lady right?? You could have seen the bright spark at dpuk's face! It is as if he found a long lost relative!

It was the consistency of the thick goeey gravy that draws many to eat this. My sis hates gooey stuff, so if you are like my sis, you will hate it. LOL

This is 'pirate's' bowl of lor mee. All the ingredients are hidden below. I find photographing lor mee the hardest! A bowl of dark gooey stuff!



So while he was going to take a bite, I quickly sneak a photo of it. Pirate says the not very nice. He has higher standards.



Dpuk's bowl with kuey teow. Both ordered the $2.50 version.



Almond jelly also had a bowl. Both Almond Jelly and Dpuk said since they moved here, it seems the ingredients in it has kind of returned to the pre-oil-induced-inflation standard. It is tastier and satisfying now.

I will come back and eat it another day. I was eating something else :-)
Posting this so that people who was wondering where the stall moved to, knows where it is now.

Sheng Yi Fa
San Po Food Court
Blk 431 Clementi Ave 3
#01-296
Singapore 120431

Opening hours: 8 AM - 2 PM, Closed on Mondays.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

tigerfish said...

The Lor Mee got thin noodles in there?

Sheng Yi Fa - does it mean...business prosper, literally? :P

Ms One Boobie said...

I never used to like lor mee.. but if i ever come home again.. you'll be sure.. i'll be trying some.

Unknown said...

tigerfish,
ya, some people like it mix. For me, it's always kuey teow. i don't like the taste of yellow noodles. :-)

it's a very auspicious name eh?


mamabok,
Not everyone like lor mee. My sis hates the gooey texture of it, and won't try it. hehe..

Try and see if you like lor mee, maybe you will be converted ;-)

addy said...

It has moved AGAIN! Ah Balling takes its spot now. Do let me know if you find it. And I'm sure to post the details here when I find it. The hunt begins again! addy17@gmail.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin