Monday, January 18, 2010

Megumi Japanese Restaurant @ Sunset Way

I am a bit busy at work, so I missed out a few's post. I realise I have some meals eaten in December 2009 that has not been documented too! Here's a dinner we had with our uncle, aunty and cousin.



We did not have a chawanmushi each, but shared two persons to one. I think it was not too bad. I was sharing with my cousin who doesn't eat any of the fillings. I ate the fillings while she ate all the eggy custard. ;-)

Chawanmushi



This inside out sushi was not too bad too.

urumaki



What we all like was the sashimi platter. You can see for this platter. Guess what is hidden behind the leaf?

Sashimi Platter



It's a rock fish. The service staff asked if we wanted to try it. So we did.

Kasago Rockfish



I took this sign to remind myself of the name of the fish. But it was a few weeks ago, but I think if my memory serves me well, the fish above is the Kasago / Rock Fish.

Fresh From Japan



When the sashimi was served, we were told, they will deep dry the fish head after we finish the sashimi. Here's the deep fried head and bones. ;-)

Deep Fried Kasago



I forgot what this is, but I remember it just melts in your mouth. I would want to eat this again when I come here again.

This literally melts in your mouth



I am not going to make the post too long with the rest of our own 'carbo dish'. Here's sis and mine.
Sis had the Charcoal Soba. We saw the word charcoal and just wanted to try it.

It taste just like soba. ;-)

Charcoal Soba



I had the beef cutlet curry rice.
The beef was tender inside the crispy batter.

Curry Rice


It was a nice dinner. Looking back, we were going slow and clearing leave at the end of last year, most of us in the office are now working so hard to meet the various deadlines! Help!


Megumi Japanese Restaurant
Blk 106 Clementi St 12
#01-38
Sunset Way
Singapore 120106

Tel: 6779 1411



Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

The Cooking Ninja said...

wah ... I just drool over your Japanese post. So delicious. I need to get back to Singapore to satisfy my Jap food craving.

backStreetGluttons said...

nice warm food for a cool day

chesapeake bay fishing said...

Wow! Looks delicious!

adel said...

I've never been to this branch, but the one at east coast road is my monthly fix. The UFO maki (inside out sushi) dusted in roes is one of my favourites, and their sukiyaki is a must try. Attempt it in your next visit :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin