Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Klang Bak Kut Teh @ Bukit Timah (Jalan Jurong Kechil)

Sis and I tried this newly opened Klang Bak Kut Teh stall few days ago. It was so new,  it did not have a signboard yet! It was just a huge piece of red paper with the chinese word 巴生 Bak Kut Teh which translate to Klang Bak Kut Teh.

So how was it?

This is the rice that was served. It has bits of fried shallots in it.

Rice with shallots bits.



My claypot of BKT. It was topped with lots of tau kee above and I move it away to show the meat. It  also had liver and intestines. (But I don't take innards!)  Sis was happy to swap the meat she had with the liver and intestines I had.


Klang Bak Kut Teh


This is Sis' claypot of BKT. The soup is very rich. It's the kind that you can 'taste' the intestines soup. Might be too overwhelming if you don't like them. Sis likes this. Innards is her kind of food.

It was too strong for me, but after a few mouth, I kinda like it and finish all the soup! LOL..

Klang Bak Kut Teh


I guess as it is very new, the lady boss was asking for feedback. I said it was nice, but I said I don't take the innards. She said, you should have ordered the ones without the innards. There is the meat only option. OK. We did not know that. We just said BKT for 2 persons.

She told us this is Klang style which is a bit different from what we are used to.
(Klang folks out there, you think it's possible to have good Klang BKT outside Klang? hehe..)

Oh yes, I like my meat with lots of garlic!

Cili padi and garlic with black sauce


Will probably give it a try few weeks later to see how it is doing.  Will order one without innards too! hehe...


(This stall takes over what used to be Curry On in the 7th Mile Coffee Shop along Jalan Jurong Kechil)


Klang Bak Kut Teh
7th Mile Coffee Shop
18 Toh Yi Drive
(coffeeshop is along Jalan Jurong Kechil)
Singapore 590018



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

NUS Student said...

Happen to see you posting foodie pics on NUS Canteen Food. Wonder if you have seen this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&viewas=749410268&gid=313519364427

Just sharing... It really brightens up one day. =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up, I luv Klang style BKT! Esp when it's near my home :-) Do you know their opening hrs and whether they're open on weekends?
Thanks

Camemberu said...

Ohhh Klang style I like!!! The BKT looks so good, especially the pot with the soft bones! And I like the fried beancurd skin too. Sigh, why so far away!

So Curry On is gone?

Kenny Mah said...

I dun actually know how Klang BKT differs from the normal variety leh. Been ages since I went to Klang... :P

Anonymous said...

Tried it, the taste of the soup is not too bad and I liked the soft and tender intestines in it. But the tau kee skin is tough and the portion at $5.50 (w/o rice) is pretty small. The Klang BKT at Leong Kee (Geylang and Beach Rd) is better and cheaper.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin