Thursday, February 04, 2010

Cafe on the Ridge @ NUSS Kent Ridge Guild House

We are here again! Colleagues and I did not want to join the mad queues at the NUS Canteens. We wanted somewhere where there is air conditioning as well.

So, we went to Cafe on the Ridge. Yes, someone ordered the usual stuff we have here. You know what it is right?

But I thought I will have something different. I had the Mee Rebus Ayam Penyet.
I ordered it because I saw the word Ayam Penyet. :-)
"Boleh Tahan Lah". 


Mee Rebus with Ayam Penyet


Old Cat had the 'red ink noodles' aka Indian Mee Goreng.
We wonder why do they have to add the 'colouring'? Without it, it would taste totally different right?

Indian Mee Goreng


Just realise they are both yellow noodle dishes.
I usually don't eat yellow noodles! Do you like yellow noodles?


Cafe on the Ridge
NUSS Kent Ridge Guild House
9 Kent Ridge Drive
Singapore 119241



Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

y said...

your mee rebus w the prawns and chicken looks really good!

Ming the Merciless said...

Ayam penyek = flatten chicken, right?

I didn't get to eat any mee rebus or mee jawa when I was home the last time. :-(

Unknown said...

y,
They taste not bad too. I just try to avoid the chilli seeds! ;-p


Ming the M,
Ya, they deep fry the chicken then smash it with a hammer.

Is there a Malaysian or Singapore restaurant in Maine?

*Harris said...

hey i tried the seafood aglio olio at cafe on the ridge and i thought it was really good! if you haven't treid that, you should :)

Unknown said...

Hi Harris,

OK. Colleagues and I are such boring people. We always order the same old thing. hehe

Will try that next time!

puiyee said...

Incidentally, do NOT like yellow noodles. I always check to see if I can substitute it!

Unknown said...

what would you substitute it with? :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin