Monday, February 11, 2008

CNY Dinner @ Aunt's

It has been countless makans the last few days. That's what people do during CNY right? Pigging out. (thought the year of the pig is over. haha... )

The last few day's food was delicious, all the home-cooked food from recipes that are from many generations of mothers to their daughters. But they weren't eaten or cooked in Singapore, so they wont be shown here. LOL. You can just use your imagination for it :-)

Arrived back in Singapore last night, and this is what our family ate at our aunt's.


Sea Cucumber with Pork Tendon and Fish Stomach.



Veg dish with a dash of prawns.



Bak Kerng. Meat Rolls.
My bro who came back from UK missed this so much. LOL...



Kailan with mushroom dish.



Stuffed Mini Crabs.



Fried Chicken wings for the kids (and of course adults)



Mushroom, Dried Oyster and Fa Cai.



Braised Triple or is it Quadruple Layer Pork.



Have you all been eating well? I hope you all have!
Have a very very Blessed Lunar New Year!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Kate said...

This is mouth-watering food!!

alicesg said...

Wow, your aunty can cook very well. You are so lucky. The food looked very delicious. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

What yummy food..!! can give me address of your aunt.. when i come home..??

tigerfish said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Happy Lunar New Year!
I've been eating too much too! Not sure if it's eating well. :P

HairyBerry said...

never knew Quadruple Layer Pork exist...salivating...hehe

happy chinese new year, keropok man!

Unknown said...

Kate,
People here eat non stop! You are welcome to join us!

Alicesg,
think you had a wonderful meal too right?

mama bok,
you are the expert leh. maybe you can demo all your recipes for us to try. hehe...

tigerfish,
Considered it blessed to be able to eat. "Nen2 Chi2 Shi4 Fu2".

nic
Happy New Year to you too.

Ming the Merciless said...

I was in class until 9:30 PM on Wednesday night. Didn't have a proper New Year Eve dinner.

But then again, I haven't celebrated CNY in almost 20 years.

Ming the Merciless said...

BTW, the triple layer braised pork looks really delicious. Yum! Yum! Yum!

Reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents would sometimes take us out for 'to-ka-peng' (pork feet rice).

My brother's mother-in-law in LA makes the best braised soy sauce pork with garlic and mushrooms. Every time I'm in LA, she makes that for me. :-)

And I'm not even married to HER daughter!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin