Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Astons Prime @ Joo Chiat

Last Saturday, we celebrated Momo's dad's birthday with a dinner at Astons Prime. We have never been here and so we thought we could come all the way here to the 'East' to try it out.

Momo's parents said this place looked a bit like a place where they used to hang out when they were young, a place called the Emerald Hill Steakhouse at Emerald Hill. That was like 30 over years ago. hehe... Not that this place is old and dilapidated, in fact it is very clean and modern. It's the high partitions between diners that reminded them of Emerald Hill.

(Anyone in that age group can verify? hehe...)

Do you see Moses Lim posing there? LOL..

Astons Prime @ Joo Chiat

Momo had the Porterhouse Steak. Medium done, and she liked it, but looking at what the rest of us had, she thought ours were better. (Grass/veg/food always look greener/delicious on other people's plate right?)

Porterhouse Steak

Momo's mum had Battered Fish. It was two huge fish and she enjoyed it with the baked potato and veg.

Fish & Chips

Momo's dad has the Rib Eye Steak. he ordered the XL version.
His asked for brussels sprouts and onion rings for his sides. (never knew Momo's dad liked Brussel Sprouts! I don't like it. haha..) Medium done and it was not bad.

Rib Eye XL Steak

I had the Kurobuta Pork Chop. Had it 75% done. It was tender and juicy.
I could have more of it! I am such a pork person. :-)

Kurobuta Pork Chop

The next photo is good news for those living in Central / South / West of Singapore. They are moving to The Centrepoint from 15 June 09.

Easties, eat it while you can... They are moving away.....

Moving to Centrepoint

Dinner was nice. We liked the mains, all done just the way we ordered. The sides ok lah...

Felt a bit stiff that night because I was eating with future FIL and MIL. LOL.....



Aston Prime
467 Joo Chiat Road
Singapore 427678
Tel: 6344 2447

From 15 Jun 09 it will be at:
The Centrepoint
176 Orchard Road
#03-45/47
Singapore 238843
Tel: 6235 0556

To keep up with the ever expanding branches, check out their blog at: http://astonsspecialties.blogspot.com/



Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

Life for Beginners said...

Hehe, have to keep up the good impressions with the future FIL and MIL --- I think you prolly did a great job: you're such a nice guy, hard not to like you lah! :)

zs said...

Hmm? Hmm?!

KopiKosongGirl said...

Actually ah, i also didnt know that dad likes brussels sprouts. I was surprised he ordered that! I never like it, it taste so weird ;)

HairyBerry said...

woohoo! they are moving to central! let's go makan there when they open, ya!! :D

red fir said...

I think your future FIL & MIL are impressed! Momo am I right? :)

Sugar Bean said...

Haha, eating with future FIL and MIL is definitely scary!! But just be yourself, you'll be fine! :) Battered fish looks good.

Zannnie said...

Sounds like exciting ;) future FIL & MIL, wow, keropok :) when is wedding bells ringing?

Camemberu said...

AARGGGHHHGHHGHHHH.....NOOOOOOO...Aston Prime moving away???

Wooo...this is the first time I see you calling them future FIL and MIL! :D
When is the wedding????? :D

Dutchie said...

I was never at ease when I dine at my (late) MIL's place, every saturday. I was forewarned abt her precious utensils/silverwares/porcelain which r taken out specially for the occasion. I was so tense that I actually dropped a china tea cup n broke it. I thought then that I would be banned for life - haha.

Most meals in dutch homes r informal. I think my MIL just wanted the chance to display her collection.

When I hv the whole family over at our place for my hubby's b-day, I usually opt for the simplicity of curry chicken n french loaves. My PIL wouldnt touch it bec it's eaten with the fingers ! Makes u wonder how else they eat their daily bread lunches, doesnt it ?

Times when I served up a chinese meal, my MIL wouldnt want to eat it communally no matter how much my hubby encouraged her to join in the experience. To her, it's unhygienic. To us, having the dishes so quickly dispersed onto individual plates just dont hv the same coziness as one would hv when sharng it as a family. Dinner is always a silent affair. MIL doesnt allow talking when one is eating *sigh* And yes, eat with ur mouth closed, even if the soup is scalding ur tender tongue !

How abt this insight eh ?

southernoise said...

omgwtfbbq! i just had dinner with the future in laws too last Sunday!

The Hungry Cow said...

Oh @#$%^&*. Aston's Prime moving?! Booooooo

But Centrepoint means I no longer need to psycho westies n northlings to come to the east. Not too bad a move. Hahaha. But hopefully price remains the same.

Btw the Moses Lim pic is hilarious! :D

Anonymous said...

Are we invited to the wedding??? :D

A delightful reader

Unknown said...

Aiyo you all, ask like that, so paiseh leh... :-)


Dutchie,
Wow, you must have been a really good daughter-in-law. Must be tough eh? Quick quick, mai too liao!


Camemberu, HungryCow,
Both of you can eat there these few days before they move away. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin