Monday, June 22, 2009

the canteen @ Shaw Centre

Sis, Momo and I was walking around at Isetan Scotts. After getting her stuff done, we were wondering where to eat and since it's just beside Isetan, we drop by the canteen.

the canteen

We have never been to any Les Amis restaurant before and this might be our first.

We had the beef salad to start. The mix of greens and the dressing is nice, very lemongrassy. We like the dressing very much, but we did not like the beef at all. It was so tough and chewy.
(ie like the 'sliced version' of bak kwa that's from 'certain' brand that's known to be touch and chewy, we were thinking, how can??)


Beef Salad

Momo had the Bak Kut Teh. The soup's the peppery and quite ok. Lots of meat though.

Bak Kut Teh

Bak Kut Teh

Sis had the Beef Noodle Soup.
That brings to mind, anyone where's the Scotts Picnic Beef Noodles now?

Beef Noodle Soup

I had the XO Lo Shi Fun. Not too bad. Very spicy! Mince, mince century eggs and chopped green beans.

Lo Shi Fun

Mixing it up a bit, so you know what's Lo Shi Fun.
If I were to make it at home, I would add in a tiny amount of chopped pickled chai sim inside. That was what I was thinking when I was eating this. ;-)

Lo Shi Fun

They are having 25% off the food prices.
An average of approximately $15 per person incl of taxes etc.

the canteen
1 Scotts Road
#01-01B
Shaw Centre
Singapore 228208

Tel: 6738 2276



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

The thought of century eggs with loh shu fun absolutely pickles, er, tickles me! ;)

red fir said...

Hey KPM, I think the Scotts Picnic beef noodles is now at AMK hub food court L3. You can go try your luck. I miss it too, brings back old memories of the delicious kueh lopez from the Malay stall.

Unknown said...

LFC,
LOL... I think it makes a great appetizer snack. Too much is a bit 'jelak' but a little of it is really lovely.

ice,
You are a real resource! I shall see if my colleague will go there one of these day with me. hehe...

Elaine said...

Hi Keropok man, I saw it at the food court in the basement of ION. It says they're from Scotts on their signboard. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Elaine,
Thanks! One of these days I will go back and try :-)

Yum yum beef balls.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin