Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mei Chai Kou Rou @ Buona Vista.

One of my fav food is Mei Cai Kou Rou. Usually, you will expect dark not so soupy fat meat with more mei chai than kou rou.

Look at this version. Initially I thought the wrong order came. It has lots of meat and it is chunks instead of slices. It is also soupy, looks more like Bak Kut Teh right? The soup is not salty and the mei cai is below it.



I guess it must be the different dialect style cooking. I kind of like it. It's at the very packed coffee shop at the turning from Commonwealth Ave West to Holland Drive. It's $4.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all your fault!!!

My pc monitor is now slimy after I tried to lick that piece of delicious looking meat!!

It's all your fault!!!

Ming the Merciless said...

This looks like bak kut teh to me. I would love this with a big bowl of rice and a glass of iced Coca Cola. Hmmm!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin