Friday, March 02, 2007

Hock Lam Street Popular Beef Kway Teow

We were having a wedding rehearsal (read today's Singapore Daily Photo if you want to know more about that) and after it was over, we were famished.

We walked around and ended up here, at the Beef Kuey Teow shop at Purvis Street.



The shop front. (side note: it's amazing how many places in Singapore all call themselves popular in their sign board. haha...)



This is the dry version, with everything in it, HUGE size.



This is a bowl of beef balls only.



This is mine, none of the innards, but only beef slices and beef balls. Medium.



This picture is suppose to show you how big the XL size is. But from this angle, it does not look at that big. That bowl is actually the soup bowl that's used in most chinese restaurant. Look at the can drink and compare. haha..



It's very tasty, but for me personally, I usually prefer not so salty food, so this is a tad too salty for me. But I like it. yum yum....



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Shilpa said...

Oh yes, this is something my sis and I must eat every time we go back to S'pore! We even gave it a code name - GBM (for gu bak mee), haha! How come you didn't take any chilli?

Kris said...

:p i think i shouldnt come here to often b'cos i feel hungry after that

Ming the Merciless said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ming the Merciless said...

The beef kuey tiaw looks delicious! Even as a kid, I always preferred mee and kuey tiaw to rice.

When I get married, I am going to serve only ko long mee and clam chiaw kuey tiaw with beer, followed by chocolate cake and teh tarik. That's it!!

I called it, malaysian trash wedding.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keropok Man, I am an avid reader of your blog, and have had many a satisfactory gastronomical adventure through your recommendations.

This time, however, I have beaten you to a new discovery tucked away at Telok Kurau.

The food is good and reasonably priced. They have a website www.thegardenslug.com

best,
Bob

beswickrobert@yahoo.com.sg

Blog Widget by LinkWithin