Monday, March 02, 2009

Two Chefs Eating Place @ Commonwealth Crescent

Last Friday night, I met up with a few old classmates / people from my batch for dinner. One I had not met since 1992!

Found out that 2 of them actually live so near this place where we are eating. So they know exactly what to order. This place has got into the Sunday Times before and has become more popular ever since. ieat has also blogged about the Butter Pork Ribs that is very nice.

The lady who took our orders was so nice to us. She has this very motherly or maybe grandmotherly part of her that some how makes us very comfortable. Hey, this is a zhi char place and you don't get aunties who come to you and say eat slowly. haha... (ok, there was only one of them that's nice, the rest have fierce or i am busy look.)

Here's what we ate:

Cold Dish of Cockles (Hum) that's topped with lots of garlic, chilli and spring onions. We are cockle lovers and we ordered two of it. The sauce is soy sauce mix with something, that we can't really tell, but it's nice, very nice.

Cold Cockles

The Butter Pork Ribs that's so so tender. You wonder how they make it so tender. Hammer till soft or they use tenderiser. We will gladly be back for more of this!

Butter Pork Ribs

The ladies that was with us ordered this before and loved it, so now we are having it too. Honey Chicken that's once you have one piece, you gotta have a few pieces more.

Honey Chicken

This 3 eggs with Kau Kee vegetables soup seems to be available everywhere and everyone loves it. Their version is very well done. You can see the egg flower that's covering the soup right?

3 eggs with Kao Kee vegetable soup

This is Yam Strips. It's quite tasty and also something that you want to keep nibbling.

Yam Strips

The Cereal Prawns.
I don't know why, but I don't seem to like cereal prawns anymore. It's nice to others, but I got 'no feeling' for this dish everywhere I go. I wonder if it's because I don't like prawns anymore.

Cereal Prawn

We ordered a crab too. We asked what style of crab is their specialty. The auntie said: "Chilli Crab lor". Sweetish side but not too bad, in fact I think if my bro who is a gravy lover is here, he will wallop all the sauce up! LOL...

Chilli Crabs

It's a very busy place, but if you are a bit patient, the ladies/ aunties here will get you a table really soon. There was 6 of us, we split the bill and each of us paid $20.

The above is too much for 6 people. It could easily feed 8 adults. We were overly enthusiastic and ordered too much. We had 5 rice and 6 fried mun tows. Too much.

(hmmm is that why auntie so nice to us. LOL..)


Two Chefs Eating Place
Blk 116 Commonwealth Crescent,
#01-129
Singapore 140116
Tel: 64725361, 94379712



Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

HairyBerry said...

woah, see hum done that way is really something new to me la. ahem, u know my number next time when u order 6 for 8...hahaha!

Camemberu said...

Yum! Nice to see what I missed out on! Actually you all lucky...If I had been there, it would have been not enough food for the rest, cos I will EAT MOST OF IT! Looks good, man! :D

Anonymous said...

A great tease for my eyes n my palate !

What's the white sprinkling on the Butter Pork Ribs ?

Unknown said...

Nic,
Sure, will remember you next time.


Camemberu,
You should have come. We ordered way too much...


Dutchie,
Those are the butter that has been powderized! It's sinfully yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin