Monday, April 06, 2009

Tampopo @ Liang Court

After church yesterday, aunt was saying that she has not been to Liang Court for a long long time. So, off we went to Liang Court to have lunch. Looking at the options of places to eat, we finally settled to have Japanese at Tampopo.

Uncle and I both had the BBQ Black Pork Ramen. The broth's good!

BBQ Black Pig Ramen

The two slices of BBQ Black Pig hidden inside were yummy too!

BBQ Black Pig Ramen

And the ramen just nice for our liking. Delicious.

BBQ Black Pig Ramen

Aunt had the seafood fried rice. It was quite fragrant too.

Seafood Fried Rice

Our cousin has been addicted to sashimi lately. She had the tuna chirashi. It's quite a large portion too. (There's eggs hidden behind too.)

Tuna Chirashi

The shared items we had: Octopus tentacles. Our cousin liked it that we ordered another portion. But I did not really like it. I think it's because I don't like tentacles :-)

Octopus tentacles

This is the potato croquet. I remember the price for this. A $4.50 piece of croquet.
But you know what's inside?

Potato Croquet

There's kurobuta, wagyu pieces inside! Aunt said this is so far the best croquet she has eaten. (we told her, of course lah, there's pampered cow and pork inside. haha)

Potato Croquet

We had to wait quite a while for the croquet to arrive, we nearly cancelled it because there was some mixed up perhaps?

Potato Croquet

We were glad we chose to eat here. For those who asked who usually asked me to post prices, I can't remember. The total bill plus drinks and taxes was around $90.

Tampopo
177 River Valley Road #01-23/24
Liang Court Shopping Center
Singapore 179030
Tel: 6338 3186



Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Life for Beginners said...

Oh but why dontcha like the tentacles? Hmm, I did have them that one time and the tentacles were still whirling and squiggling in my mouth...

... just kiddin'! :P

Anonymous said...

there's a great jap 'foodcourt' at paradiz centre.. it is really good, and reasonably priced too!

Anonymous said...

The Octopus tentacles looks like it was deep fried alive!

Anonymous said...

Tried Tampopo for my birthday!
It was good & reasonably priced!
Oh..I love the octopus tentacles~ yum~!
Oh Miss the raman man~~*drool*

Nic (KHKL) said...

tampopo's tonkotsu is not bad. i wonder why they sprinkle so much chilli powder on the soup cos it was still not spicy..hehe...nevertheless, one of the better ramen shops around.

went to yoshimaru last week after reading your post and i actually like the taste of it! but no more 25% discount...sigh...

Noob Cook said...

I like the look of that milky ramen broth ... got to try it one day! =D

Unknown said...

LFB,
Maybe I have tentacle phobia? Too much TV when you are growing up as a kid plants weird thoughts to your head. LOL

Anon 1,
I have yet to go to Pomo. the new name for Paradiz. Should go there one day!

Anon 2,
I hope not! That would be cruel. But then, it would be extra tasty right? LOL

fatkuraprincess,
You can go there again. Ya, suddenly I feel like having their ramen now.

Nic,
Ya, I realise the 25% off now, they should have more promotions around.

Suddenly there's so many ramen places ya? ;-)


noobcook,
I should have asked them how long it took to boil the broth till it's so white and milky ya..

Try it!

Joey Anna said...

Ate the Black Pig one too. I really don't like this... You following ieatishootipost Top 10 ramen in Singapore? =) I found your blog from there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin