Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seng Heng Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice @ Bukit Timah Food Centre

Our family were at Bukit Timah Food Centre for lunch.

We were lazy and just sat down. It was like waiting to see who is going to order and we will just say we want that too. (Does that happen to your family too? LOL) I said, I am going to have Chicken Rice. It's gonna be a long wait, I am going queue at the super long queue chicken rice. Anyone wants chicken rice? Dad said he wanted it.

So I went to queue. I was thinking, I will just order 2 single portions of drumstick. Easier to carry back to the table. Then around 8 mins into the wait, sis called and said, order for her as well. Hmm... I thought to myself, should I order half a chicken instead, so share amongst 3 of us? We get to eat more chicken!

Then 16 mins into the wait. sis called again, she said our uncle and cousin is joining us for lunch too. They also wants to eat chicken rice. Since you are queuing, buy it for all of us lah... OK... I shall just go for the half a white and half a black then...

Seng Heng Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice @ Bukit TImah Food Centre

Up till today, I still can't figure out why people love this chicken rice so much. There's forever a queue.
We all think it's quite nice, but not the super best chicken rice around.

I think it's because they are all regular customers. The rest are like me, joining the queue because everyone is.

Steamed Chicken


The half 'white' chicken. I think boneless chicken is one of the best way to eat chicken!
Some like us love the coldness of the white hainanese chicken with dark sweet sauce, ginger and chilli sauce. yum yum...


Roast Chicken


Roast chicken on the other hand has this nice fragrance. A little hint of soy caramelized skin.
1/2 White, 1/2 Roast with 5 plates of fragrant chicken rice was $22.50

Oh yes, mum and aunt had other things and they finished their food way long before our food arrived. I think I queued for around 35 minutes. Luckily there was twitter to entertain me on the phone while waiting. :-)

Do you realise that people living in Singapore can queue for food orderly and will scold or bark at people who cut queue, but when it's the train or bus, they will all just rush to the door and not queue? Why ah?



Seng Heng Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
Stall 177 (02-177)
Bukit Timah Food Centre
116 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 588172



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin