Friday, September 17, 2010

Bistro One Zero Three @ Pasir Panjang Road

My CareGroup in church organised a birthday makan for me. Thank you guys!

Every now and then we will be visiting different places to celebrate each others birthday. This time it was at Bistro One Zero Three at 103 Pasir Panjang Road. It's so discreet, you can easily miss this place! It has such a simple facade on the outside.

Bistro One Zero Three


What did we eat here? Here goes.....


*** jiak loti ***

Italian Bruschetta $4.20. It was very good.

I don't usually order things like this, someone ordered and it was meant to be shared, so I ate a slice. It was surprisingly quite 'juicy'. The tomatoes, onions and parsley on top were perfect with the grilled garlic bread.

Italian Bruschetta



*** jiak chao ***

The warm balsamic mushroom. $7.50

The mushrooms were warm but not the greens, so it was a good combination. You can see some of the ingredients from the Italian Bruschetta too. It was a nice starter that everyone took two spoons full each. 

Warm Balsamic Mushroom



*** jiak ngeu bak ***

Dr T ordered the Marinated Lamb Shoulder Rack. $28.90

We know has been a fan of lamb. We know that because he recently got married and the couple has been experimenting cooking at home. He has been asking about lamb! :-)

Too bad Dr Mrs T can't make it. She's in the UK studying for the exam. 

Marinated Lamb Shoulder Rack

We all took a bit of his lamb and 4 out of 5 said it is nice. I am the only one only one out. I am bias because lamb has this smell that puts me off. But if you take away the smell, I think the texture was nice. It was not chewy, done just nice, it was quite flavourful too.

Marinated Lamb Shoulder Rack


*** jiak yi ta li mee ***

Mrs D ordered the Salmon and Crab Pasta. $15.90.

Mr D ate from Mrs D's plate because Mr D's food took a long time to come. Mr D both felt the pasta was a bit too soft. He would have preferred it al dante. I think Mrs D likes it that way though. (Mr D is a guy who has eaten in lots of fancy places. He knows his stuff.)

But taste wise it was good. I ate 1 string of pasta and felt the spiciness hit me. Oooo... yummy!

Salmon & Crab Meat


*** jiak heuh ***

Sis had the Oatmeal Dory Fillet. $17.90

It was a huge piece of fish!  I am not sure what Dory they used, but it was good, it did not have any 'muddy taste'. Sis noted the tomato bits in the tartare sauce. She liked that.

Oatmeal Dory Fillet



*** jiak pai koot ***

I had the BBQ Baby Back Ribs. $25.90

Sis and I wanted to share our food when we ordered it. We thought we would eat half or each other's food. In the end, it was more like I had 3/4 of the ribs and also her fish.

BBQ Baby Back Ribs

I took two photos because the ribs are huge! You can see from the two photos the size of it.
I am a ribs person, so I love it! I won't say the meat glides off the bone, that would be no fun eating at all.

Thought not gliding off the bone, when you put it in your mouth, you don't need lots of effort to eat it. It's comes off when you bite the meat. That's more fun to eat!

BBQ Baby Back Ribs



*** jiak or tee bak ***

Mr D ordered the Kurobuta Pork Neck Steak.$26.90.

We somehow knew he would order it. Told you he has this taste for fine meats / food. His food arrived last. I think he was already famished looking at us eat. He was also a bit impatient. :-)

Kurobuta Pork Neck Steak



*** jiak kek ***

Oh, they ordered dessert from the menu, the Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream. $6.00 as a mini birthday cake for me. It had candles too! It was a good thing they did not sing. I think they did not. I can't remember!  face blushing 

The brownie was nice. Sis asked if it was brownie, it has a different texture from the usual brownie, but it was good. We like the ice cream on it too! Not sure if it's home made ice cream, but we could see the little black vanilla beans in the ice cream. It was delicious.

Brownie with Ice Cream


We usually treat the birthday person a meal, that's our CareGroup tradition ;-)

I know I seem to be promoting Citibank a bit, but you see, this dinner was arranged by the CareGroup. When the bill came, we casually asked, if there's any cards that gives us discount. They told us Citibank! There's 10% off the bill for Citi cards. Which also means, each of the CareGroup member did not have to really pay for my meal. LOL.

I did not circle that receipt. It was done by the Bistro staff.
Hint: You should get a Citibank Credit Card if you have not. Click on THIS LINK to apply! :-)

Bistro One Zero Three


Bistro One Zero Three
103 Pasir Panjang Road
Singapore 118531

Tel: 6476 6373



Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Indonesia Eats said...

The lamb looks so good! Thou, the smell has put you off. I love lamb :D

ladyironchef said...

thank god they r still opened! i like the bistro :D

Rebecca Saw said...

Hey! Happy birthday & glad you had a good meal to cap it off with some close buddies.

Oh, even in msia there is a lot of F&B promos for Citibank cards! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! =)

*Harris said...

happy birthday! :)

Chocolate Reindeer said...

Happy birthday! The celebration looks wonderful!

Miss Tam Chiak said...

HAHAHA! u are jiak-ing high class loti and cao!

happy birthday keropokman! may u have more keropok! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin