Thursday, September 11, 2008

PeraMakan @ Keppel Club

On Monday, colleagues at work treated one colleague to a birthday lunch. It was already decided the week before that we will go to PeraMakan, since some people wanted to try the food at this place.

So what did we eat? Quite a lot actually! We had 6 of us and we these dishes.
The Beef Rendang. It was quite tender and flavourful.



The Ayam Buah Keluak. I think this is an acquired taste dish, either you like the taste of it or you totally hate it.

I will eat it, but I can't say I totally appreciate it. LOL



The Cincalok Egg. For cincalok fans. This time it is not so salty ;-)



The sambal kangkong. The usual favourite.



The otak otak. Lots of ingredients in it.



The BBQ sotong. I think I like this the best. Sotong's still so tender and the sauce is delicious.



The Babi Ponteh. We all like this dish too.



What's this? It's jantung pisang salad. Jantung Pisang is the banana flower. It had some prawn on top, and that's not cream. It's coconut milk. Something unique.



PeraMakan
Level 3, Keppel Club
10 Bukit Chermin Road
Singapore 109918
Tel: 6377 2829

I always get this question: Do we need to be a club member to dine here? No, the restaurant is open to the public. :-)



Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Peranakan fare... warms me heart... cos I'm, like, 1/8th Peranakan meself. :D

Unknown said...

whenever i go to Singapore I'll definitely go and eat Buah Keluak. I can't get them here in Kuching.
My grandma used to make very nice Pork Ribs Buah Keluak, she used to buy bags of buah keluak home from Spore and spent a week to clean them... a lot of work, but pity she has passed on..

Unknown said...

LFB,
What about the other 7/8? hehe..

Janice,
1 week to clean them? OK, now I better appreciate the food I have!

dilutedmagnetics said...

Ooooo! Cinchalook eggs! Comfort food!

Unknown said...

LIS,
Yes, and we have replicated this a few times at home, ourselves without mum around. LOL

Ming the Merciless said...

Dude, you're killing me here.

My mom made buah keluak with chicken or pork all the time when I was young. It was one of my favorite dishes.

Benita said...

The Ayam Buah Keluak there is AWESOME!! I'm no peranakan, but my gut feeling tells me that this is the closest there is to true Ayam Buah Keluak. Pwns all the Ayam Buah Keluaks I've had, Ivins included. And oh nooooo you didn't order the rendang. It's fantastic.

Oh what would I give to go back!

Unknown said...

ming,
you should get her recipe and make it. if not, give me the recipe. hehe... i will try to recreate it. ;-p


benita,
din someone had ivins for her big birthday party? :-p

Anonymous said...

How is the price like for this resturant?

Unknown said...

splurge-sg

Can't quite remember the price, but it's quite reasonable. give them a call ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin