Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The 2 Number 1 Nasi Lemak @ Adam Road Food Centre

Which is the real Number 1 Nasi Lemak at Adam Road? The answer is Up To You! It's up to your preference really! My colleagues and I, we were sitting down the other day looking which one has a longer queue, we realized both have equally long queues.

All we noticed is that the left queue moves slower because the makcik takes around 1 minute to serve 1 person. (Yes, my colleague timed it.) The right queue clears very quickly. We did not bother to time because it was quick!



Both stalls proudly proclaim they are No. 1.



This one says No. 2 Adam Road is the No. 1 Nasi Lemak.



Anyway, one colleague eat this quite often and he went to queue up at the left stall. We asked him why the left stall? The reason..... Kacang! Only the left stall serves kacang, and he likes kacang in his Nasi Lemak. So he ordered Adam's Special. $4



Another colleague, consider himself a purist and only queues at the No. 2 stall.
He ordered the Fish Meal $3 plus an otak otak for an extra $1.



Then who ate this? Me! After eating the tiny portion of Mee Rebus (from yesterday's post) I was still hungry. So I gave in to gluttony. I had the Chicken Wing Meal $3.



I shall not incur the wrath of both camps. Both sides have their own fans. Which is your favourite?

No 1 Adam's Nasi Lemak
Stall No. 1
Adam Road Food Centre
2 Adam Road
Singapore 289876

Selera Rasa Nasi Lemak
Stall No. 2
Adam Road Food Centre
2 Adam Road
Singapore 289876



Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

His Food Blog said...

Definitely No. 2! Been eating there for ages.

They are also famed for the stall that the Brunei Royal Family will call to tabao when they have nasi lemak craving.

Highly rated by Makansutra too! Their Otah Otah gets sold out real fast.

Now I wonder are you going to blog Noo Cheng Adam Road Prawn Noodle next? Heh.

KopiKosongGirl said...

Thought the chicken wings were bigger last time :P Maybe that was before the reno. Now everytime shrinking.

southernoise said...

i've not tried both! I think I should soon.... hungry....

Unknown said...

No 2 is the real no 1. sounds so corny. haha. but which one's suppose to be the famous adam nasi lemak?

ladyironchef

Alicia said...

I'm not a nasi lemak fan as I would rather spend my calories elsewhere. However I have tried the royal flush before just because I'm greedy and want to eat everything. :P

No idea whether it's stall no.1 or 2.

dilutedmagnetics said...

It's not the queuing for the food that kills, but waiting for a parking space there that does :(

Ming the Merciless said...

THe one with kacang looks better.

I love kacang goreng.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

The sambal in both nasi lemaks looks potent. Look what you've done...now I have a craving for nasi lemak! Oh and next time you're in KL, lemme introduce you to some damn good nasi lemak here too.

Camemberu said...

No.2 is de femes one, but the no.1 platter in your photo looks nicer and more substantial!

I also haven't tried both!

Scenes in Singapore life said...

I have tried both, and No2 is better..the basmati they use for rice makes it super fragrant. The chicken is crisp and juicy at the same time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin