Thursday, January 08, 2009

OldTown White Coffee @ Bukit Timah

Got a friend that has been going to this outlet to eat / study the last few weeks. Everytime he's here, he'll sms us to join him for the dinner part. Usually, I will be too lazy to get out and meet him for coffee.

Yesterday, I thought I should meet up. So, Momo, Sis and I met up with 'Gorilla'. LOL

OldTown White Coffee

It was not only coffee today, it was for dinner. I had the Nasi Lemak Special. $5.50. Sis got the same thing. I get tempted by sambal. :-p

Nasi Lemak Special

They are quite generous with their kacang and ikan bilis and they have nice cold cucumbers.

Nasi Lemak Special

Momo and Gorilla had the Nasi Rendang Set. $7.90 Just replace the fried chicken, hard boiled egg, kacang and ikan bilis with a big chicken rendang that you get this.

Nasi Rendang Chicken

This photo does not show you the size of the chicken, but it is a huge drumstick.

Nasi Rendang Chicken

Gorilla must be hungry. After his Nasi Rendang, he ordered a Curry Chicken Toast. $6.50
The more we look at him eat, the more tempting his chicken curry drumstick becomes. But we were too full to eat it anyway. So gorilla enjoyed himself eating it while telling us stories.

Curry Chicken

The toast is the brown bread toast. 3 pieces of it.

Brown Toast for Curry Chicken

Oh, the usual drinks are ordered. White Coffee and Black Coffee. $2 each.


OldTown White Coffee
9 Yuk Tong Avenue
Singapore 596314



Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Allie said...

I always like old town nasi lemak :)

Kenny Mah said...

Hmm... for me, I always find their fried chicken a lil tough. What about you?

Unknown said...

Allie,
They are all over Msia now isn't it? Convenient for pple.

LFB,
I must go to Msia and try if they are the same. The ones I tried is dry but not tough. Maybe they tweak cooking style to suit local taste? hmmm

but the sambal not pedas enough lah!

tigerfish said...

Wrong choice to surf at 11pm near supper time.

Miso said...

The nasi lemak looks really good! Yum Yum!

alicesg said...

Yummy, I love the delicious nasi lemak. Yes, I saw many branches of Old Town in KL during my recent trip.

Unknown said...

i tried both their nasi lemak and nasi rendang twice each. and i still think their nasi lemak fried chicken nicer than their chicken rendang. haha.

Unknown said...

tigerfish,
you can go out and get some mah...

miso,
these two dishes are the more popular ones. other stuff sold here not as nice. :-)

alicesg,
I think there Old Town in most towns in Msia. currently only 2 in Sg. wonder if they will open more..

brad,
i like the nasi lemak, but the two who ordered the nasi rendang thinks rendang is nicer. (that's why they ordered it again.)

everyone's tastebuds so unique!

tweetie said...

me and my bf was recently in Genting, and tried the Old Town Cafe food for the first time. We fell in love with the Nasi Rendang, absolutely heavenly fragrance in taste. We are curious about how it would taste in sgp.. i doubt it would be as nice. -_- haiz.. Hungry liao..

Ming the Merciless said...

I am sooooooooo craving nasi lemak now!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin